2 Ripe bananas
1/2 cup sugar
Spring roll wrappers or filo pastry
Rapeseed oil for frying
1. Prepare bananas by peeling and cutting lengthwise into two halves.
2. Separate wrappers into individual sheets. On a flat working surface, lay wrapper like a diamond. Arrange 1 banana slice in the middle of the diamond and place a sprinkle of almond flakes on top of the banana slice. Fold the bottom pointed end of the wrapper overfilling.
3. Fold side ends of the sheet inward and roll into a log. Wet the pointed edge of the wrapper to completely seal. Repeat with the remaining bananas.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 1-inch deep of oil. Add sugar and let it melt for a few minutes then banana spring rolls seam side down and fry, turning a few times until the sugar coats the spring roll for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown.
5. Sprinkle with sugar then serve with your favourite ice cream, 2 slices of orange and some almond flakes.