I made this Biscoff cake for the first time a few months ago and it is seriously delicious but also pretty easy to make.
Josie has made her own since her return to Glasgow and the result was outstanding, check out her Instagram to see it: https://www.instagram.com/josie.pops/
1 jar of homemade mincemeat
1 quantity of sweet pastry
For the Whirl:
150g butter, softened
150g plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
30g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6.
2. For the topping, place the butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat until soft. Sift over both flours and the icing sugar and beat for 5 mins or until the mixture is light and fluffy. 3. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and set aside.
4. Roll out your pastry on a lightly floured surface, use a cutter to cut out small rounds.. Use these circles to line a mini muffin tin, fill each case with roughly half a teaspoon of mincemeat, then pipe a swirl of the topping on each of the mince pies. Place in the fridge and chill for 30 mins, this will help the whirl keep its shape when baked.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins, Once cooked remove from the tin and allow to cool on a rack.
6. Sprinkle with extra icing sugar. These mince pies are best served warm.