Vegan Carrot Cake
with turmeric buttercream
140ml agave/maple syrup
140g plain flour (gluten-free can also be used)
160ml plant-based milk
1/2 tsp bicarb
1/2 tsp baking powder
235g grated carrots
2 tbsp dried apricots, chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon]
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1. Preheat the over to 180 fan.
2. Line and grease a 9x9inch square or 8 inch round cake tin.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients separately, then combine well in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour the mix into the prepared tin, then bake for 40 mins, checking with a skewer after 30 mins.
200g icing sugar
200g vegan margarine (hard stork)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat the margarine until soft, add the icing sugar and flavourings and beat until smooth.