Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
1 squash, peeled & chopped
6 tomatoes, quartered
2 red onions, quartered
1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
1 bulb of garlic cloves, unpeeled
200ml chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
1. Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin, top with the garlic and herbs, sprinkle over oil and salt and pepper.
2. Roast for approx 25-30 mins, until the vegetables are soft but not coloured.
3. Tip all the vegetables into a food processor, removing the skins from the garlic, blitz adding the stock a bit at a time, you may not need all of it.
4. Pour the soup a little at a time into a saucepan through a fine sieve, to remove the skins from the vegetables.
5. Reheat, add more stock if necessary and season to taste.
I like to serve my soup with a swirl of cream and a few fresh thyme leaves to garnish.