Roast Pork with Perfect Crackling
I absolutely love roast pork and when done simply the flavour of the meat really comes through.
My method requires only 4 ingredients and a alot of patience, to slow cook the pork so it is juicy and full of flavour, whilst achieven perfect pork crackling everytime!
Joint of pork (leg or shoulder works best)
Sea Salt Flakes & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 22 C fan.
2. Add the pork to a roasting tin, dab dry with some kitchen roll. Then drizzle over a little oil, sprinkle over around 1/2 tbsp of salt and a little pepper, rub into the skin. Add a little salt if you need to.
3. Cook the joint for 20 mins, then reduce the temperature of the oven to 130C fan and cook for approximatelky 1 hour per lb. I look for my meat to be between 63 and 70 degrees, so check peridoically.
4. Bring the pork out of the oven and increase the tenmperature of the oven back up to 220C fan.
5. Add a little more oil to the pork skin, and add more salt. Return the joint to the oven for a further 20-30 mins.
6. Remove from the roasting tin and allow to rest for 30-60 mins before carving.
The steam from the joint can soften you crackling, so once the joint has retsed remove it from the joint.Also crackling is only really good on the first day.