Makes 12 cupcakes
3 eggs (weighed in their shells)
Cooking margarine/butter, caster sugar and self raising flour all weighed to the same weight as the eggs
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat the oven to 170C fan.
2. Beat the sugar and the butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add one egg, and 2 tbsp of the flour, a pinch of salt and the vanilla bean paste. Beat slowly at first then increase to full speed, add each egg in turn. Beat for a further 2 mins.
4. Add the remaining flour and beat on the lowest setting until just combined.
5. Spoon into baking cases and cook for approx. 15 mins, allow to cool completely on a wire rack before decorating.