Paprika & Garlic Mackerel
4 mackerel fillets
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp smoked paprika
A good pinch of salt
250g new potatoes
2 spring onions, sliced
For the Vinaigrette
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil, I use garlic infused
1. Preheat the over to 220 C fan.
2. Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water for 12 - 15 mins.
3. Put the garlic, paprika, salt, pepper and a splash of oil into a pestle and mortar and grind to a fine paste.
4. Rub the flesh side of the mackerel with the paprika mix.
5. Lay the mackerel on greaseproof paper on a baking tray skin side up.
6. Lightly brush the mackerel skin with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
7. Roast the mackerel for 8 mins, the skin should be crisp and the fish cooked through.
8. Mix together all the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl, season to taste.
9. Once tender, drain the potatoes, return to the saucepan to dry then crush lightly, season, add the spring onion and add a little oil
10. Serve the fish onto of the potatoes, with a side salad, sprinkled with the vinaigrette, adding more or less to suit your taste.