Lemon & Berry Pavlova
Pavlova is an absolute favourite dessert in our house, but my favourite flavour has to include homemade lemon curd and fresh summer berries, which cuts through some of the sugary sweetness!
I use pansies and violas grown in my garden at home to decorate my pavlova and what's better they are edible as well.
In the recipe below I use white chocolate to keep the pavlova from breaking down once the filling is added, but it is an optional step.
For the meringue:
3 egg whites
6oz caster sugar
White or dark chocolate (optional)
Homemade lemon curd
300ml double cream
Fresh fruit & edible flowers
For the pavlovas:
1.Preheat the oven to 100 C.
2. Whip the egg white in a bowl until they are light and fluffy, start adding the caster sugar 1 tsp at a time until all the sugar is incorporated, the egg white should hold stiff peaks and appear glossy.
3. Either pipe or spoon the egg whites onto a lined baking sheet, this recipe will either give you one large pavlova or 6-8 individual pavlovas.
4. Bake in the oven for around one hour, then turn off the heat and open the oven door slightly and allow to cool completely whilst still in the oven.
1.If using line the inside of the pavlova with melted white or dark chocolate.
2. Whip the double cream until it holds firm peaks, then swirls through several tbsps. of lemon curd. Use this mix to fill the pavlovas.
3. Use a selection of fresh fruit and/or edible flowers to decorate, then serve.