Left over Christmas Pudding Strudel
250g Mascarpone cheese
300g leftover Christmas pudding
3-4 tbsps of Baileys
6 sheets of filo pastry
50g butter, melted
1. Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
2. Thoroughly mix the pudding, mascarpone and Baileys.
3. Layout the filo pastry and brush each sheet all over with the melted butter. Place 3 sheets on top of each other and the other 3 sheets on top of half of the other three.
4. Add the pudding mixture to the middle of the filo pastry rectangle in log in the centre.
5. Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling, and brush the outside with melted butter.
6. Bake for 25 mins until golden brown and crisp.
I think I actually prefer this strudel to plain Christmas pudding but adding thick
Baileys Cream makes it an exceptional addition to you Boxing Day table.