Laverbread & Cheese Scones
450g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
115g Margarine (I use Stork)
A handful of strong cheddar cheese
Blue Cheese (my favourite is Per Las)
1. Sift the flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut the margarine into small pieces & rub into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Stir through the cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of the blue cheese then add enough buttermilk to make a soft but not sticky dough.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, knead lightly the rollout to approximately an inch thick and cut out rounds.
4. Place on a baking tray and top with a small spoonful of laverbread and a small piece of blue cheese.
5. Bake at 180 C fan for 12-14 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.