For the scotch eggs
100g oats, blitzed
2 eggs (you can use whatever eggs you prefer, chicken eggs boil for 5 mins, quail eggs boil for 2 mins, duck eggs boil for 7 mins)
For the cockle Pancakes
200g Self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
Knob of butter
Parsley for garnish
1. Mix the laverbread and oats, season to taste with pepper. Wrap the eggs in the laverbread mixture, roll in flour and deep fat fry at 180 C for 2-3 mins, depending on which egg you are using.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder & seasoning beat the egg with the milk. make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and slowly add the milk mix, whisking the whole time, (you can also use an electric hand mixer). Stir through the cockles.
3. Heat oil in a heavy based frying pan (medium-high heat), drop some of the batter into the frying pan until you the size pancake you want. Cook on one side until you see larger bubbles on the surface, then flip over. Usually 2-3 mins on each side. Keep the cooked pancakes warm until they are all cooked.
4. Place the bacon in a cold pan, turn the heat up to medium-high and cook slowly for around 10 mins, until coloured and crispy.
5. Heat the butter in a clean frying pan, add the mushroom and season with pepper. Cook gently for about 10 mins until golden brown.