250g smoked sausage (I use a Polish one from Lidl but you could use chorizo or whatever you prefer)
250g chicken thighs
250g chicken livers
125g beef mince
1 bell pepper
1 celery stick
4 cloves of garlic
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 cup of rice
1 tbsp paprika
A knob of butter
2 fresh bay leaves
60ml vegetable oil
2 chicken OXO cubes mixed with 500ml boiling water
1 beef stock pot
½ bottle Budweiser beer
1. Roughly chop all the meat and vegetables.
2. Finely slice the chilli.
3. Brown the meat in a large pot, suitable for the stove top and oven.
4. Remove the meat and set aside.
5. Add the oil and flour and cook out until dark in colour.
6. Add the vegetables and stir for 1 minute.
7. Add the garlic, chilli and bay leaves, stir for 1 minute, add the stock and stock cube then simmer.
8. Taste, season, simmer for 20 mins.
9. Add the meat and rice and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, covered.
10. Stir through the butter, season to taste.
11. Scatter over spring onions to serve.
I love the chicken livers in this recipe, but you can omit them if you prefer. You could also add meats and seafood as you wish, but if adding seafood I would add it to the pot in the last 20 mins of cooking