Leftover Cranberry Turkey Brie Bites
Waste not want not is always the ethos is our house and I think Christmas is one of the worst times for having too many leftovers and not knowing what to do with them.
On boxing day and thee days between Christmas and New Year, we usually host or attend a few parties and these bits are quick and easy to make and a delicious addition to any buffet table.
Makes 32 tarts
4 sheets of filo pastry
100g butter, melted
300g leftover shredded turkey
100g cranberry sauce
200g brie, cut into pieces
Fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C fan.
2. Cut the 4 sheets of filo pastry into 4 strips widthways, then dive each strip into 4 equal squares. Brush a mini muffin tin with melted butter, then brush one side of each square of pastry with butter, place one piece on top of a second piece on a diagonal and place into the muffin hold, repeat until your muffin tin is full.
3. Add just under 1 tsp of cranberry sauce to each pastry case, top with some turkey and a piece of brie.
4. Bake in the oven for 6-8 mins until the cheese is melting the pastry is golden brown.
5. Sprinkle over some fresh thyme leaves and ideally serve warm.