A block of puff pastry
250g white crab meat
2 tbsps chopped parsley
3 spring onions
200ml double cream
Dill to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Fan.
2. Grease a muffin tin with Trex.
3. Roll out the pastry and cut out 12 round, and line the muffin tin with the pastry.
4. Cut out 12 baking paper square, pop on top of the pastry and fill with baking beans.
5. Blind bake the pastry cases for approx. 10 mins, remove the paper and baking beans and return to the oven for 2-3 mins, until cooked through but not coloured.
6. Lower the oven temp to 150 Fan.
7. In the meantime, mix the crab meat with the zest of the lemon and season to taste, (it will need a lot of seasoning as the egg mix will mellow out the seasoning). Add extra lemon juice if needed.
8. Mix the eggs and cream in a jug, then mix through the crab, spring onions and parsley.
9. Pour the egg mixture into the baked pastry cases and top with a dill frond.
10. Bake for 15-20 mins, until golden and set.
11. Serve hot or cold.