200g Tipo “00” flour, plus more for dusting
40g fine semolina
6 large free-range egg yolks
1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsps. cold water
1. Place the flour and semolina in a bowl and make a well.
2. Add the yolks, oil and water to the well and stir in the flour gradually.
3. Once a dough is formed knead for approx. 4-5 mins, wrap in cling film and rest.
4. Split the dough into 4, keep 3 covered. Roll the pasta through a pasta machine on the highest setting twice, then drop down the thickness once on the machine and run the pasta through twice again, keep repeating until on the thinnest setting, run through twice, then use the machine to cut into linguine. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
5. Hang to dry.
6. To cook add to boiling water with a little salt and olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Homemade pasta can be made into any shape or used for ravioli, just stop before cutting the dough into linguine.
I love serving my pasta simply with homemade pesto.