2 racks of pork ribs
For the BBQ Sauce:
2 red chillies
1 large piece of ginger
4 cloves of garlic
250ml apple juice
50ml white wine vinegar
4 tbsps. Ketchup
2 tbsps. tomato puree
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
200g brown sugar
2 tbsps. soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C fan.
2. Season the ribs with salt, pepper and oil.
3. Finely schop the chilli and grate the ginger and garlic.
4. Add all the marinate ingredients into the pan, stir on a medium heat, then simmer for 20 minutes until it is thick and glossy, it should be a consistency that you can brush onto the ribs.
5. Brush the ribs with the sauce and cook under foil.
6. Cook for 1 hour basting every 15 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and cook for 20 minutes more at 220 C.